The daunting challenge of 2021 has been completed, and new products are released!
In the past two years, Yibai has been burdened with the unprecedented challenges brought by Covid-19. Even in such an environment, Yibai has successfully broken through the siege. The new X-Boat Pro, which was designed and developed by its own team for a year, is also being released today!
We want to create a new experience. We use a fully open design to redefine the combination of earbuds and charging case to solve the problem that users cannot wear earphones with one hand. We adopted the layout of the earphone lying flat and exposed the earbuds. It can support users to quickly wear the headset with one hand, quickly check the power status of the headset, and quickly check whether the headset is placed in the charging case. X-Boat Pro is made of aluminum alloy and AG glass. The shape is inspired by the budding lotus flower. We aim to show the beauty of life with cold modern technology.
We thought a lot of design of the combination the earbuds with charging case, and finally we decided to adopt the method of pushing earbuds from both sides. This design enables the user to quickly wear the headset with one hand. And it is more friendly to users with limited functions of one hand.
Based on the basic model design, we extracted the morphological curve of the budding lotus flow. The charging case and the earbuds shows a beautiful form of wrapping and being wrapped.
Minimalist modelling requires rich details of craft, we adopted vacuum plating, paint, aluminum oxide, and feel AG glass membrane process on X-boat Pro. They are the mist side material but presents different quality levels due to the different refractive index.
Eg: In the front rendering of X-boat Pro, the red line area has the highest refractive index, in the visual presentation would be closer to our eyes, increased the sense of layers.
Aluminum alloy with AG glass process
· X-Boat Pro charging case adopts CNC technology in the early stage of design, and the whole body is milling out of a single aluminum alloy material, resulting in much material waste. Now, we use the new vacuum aluminum die casting technology, reduce material loss by 30% while maintaining appearance.
· In the past, aluminum alloy parts produced by vacuum aluminum die casting technology could only be used as structural parts, however, after several months of efforts with our supplier partners, we have overcome the problems of not being able to achieve a fine frosted surface and having stains.
· The X-Boat Pro's earphones are made of environmentally friendly plastic materials, and the left and right parts of the earphones are shared except for the front cavity, which can minimize the loss of parts during production.
· Because X-Boat Pro uses aluminum alloy as its main material, so we will recycle old parts by replacing them with new ones, and the recycled aluminum parts will be smelted again into aluminum alloy raw materials in our factory. Reduce our production cost and selling price while minimizing material waste.
- How well-known design blog YanKo Design rated the X-Boat Pro 2022-11-11 26
- JUE20, another IF award! 2020-03-10 54
- CARD20, the first IF design award 2020-03-09 62